Sitting down to a festive meal on the joyous occasion of Christmas is like receiving an additional gift. And with the help of our creative and easy recipes for a full-course festive feast, we ensure that the food items are going to be a people pleaser and party starter. Planning and organising a festive dinner or lunch party may be taxing on everything from the food to the décor. Nestasia has compiled Christmas dishes for those unsure what to serve this holiday season.
Add delectable side dishes or delicious entrees along with some mouthwatering mains to complete your feast, and don't forget to add some flavoursome beverages! With Nestasia, get working on a full-course holiday feast that may be simple but will surely turn heads. Make the Christmas party stress-free for you with the easy-to-cook recipes so that you get to spend more time with your loved and cherished ones.
1. Cauliflower Christmas Soup
Winters and soups is a match made in heaven. When the weather is chilly and your hands are cold, a festive special creamy soup can be the perfect start to your merry holiday dinner. The Cauliflower soup is healthy and low in calories and is definitely a unique style of soup that’s going to be a head-turner.
- Chopped garlic
- Chopped ginger
- Chopped onion
- Pepper powder
- Jeera powder
- Diced cauliflower
- Diced potato cubes
- Vegetable broth
- Coconut milk
- Crushed peanuts
- Pour oil into a cooking pot and wait for it to heat up.
- One by one, add chopped garlic, chopped ginger, and chopped onions into the ceramic pot. Mix the ingredients well with a spatula.
- Add a tablespoon of pepper powder, jeera powder and salt to taste into the pot and mix the components well.
- Add freshly diced cauliflower and potato cubes into the pot.
- Pour vegetable broth and coconut milk into the mixture and stir the components.
- Cover the pot with its lid and cook the soup for 20 minutes.
- Serve the piping hot soup in our stunning glass soup bowls for a beautiful presentation.
- Add some flavourful finishing touches with sprinkles of pepper powder, crushed peanuts and coriander leaves.
2. Spicy & Christmassy Gochujang Pasta
The simple and fast recipe for gochujang pasta is ideal for the main course. It is prepared with freshly cooked pasta and a delicious, creamy gochujang sauce. This dish is not a classic Korean dish; rather, it is a unique blend of cuisines to be a unique addition to the Christmas feast. The gochujang pasta blends our love of Korean flavours, great pasta, and a meal with a quick prep time.
The Gochujang Pasta has a splash of umami flavour and is tangy, creamy, peppery, and packed with mouth-watering flavours. The best thing about this dish is how simple it is to prepare—it only needs just a few ingredients from your cupboard! Your appetites for pasta will be promptly sated by this creamy and ‘spicily’ prepared Korean dish, and you and your guests will keep going back for more servings!
- Chopped garlic
- Chilli flakes
- Tomato puree
- Gochujang paste
- Pour water into the cooking pot followed by 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add spaghetti to the water and boil it for 10-12 minutes till the spaghetti is perfectly cooked.
- Strain the spaghetti pasta and keep it in a separate bowl. Keep the strained water from the pasta in a different container.
- Add a cube or 2 of butter into a skillet and put chopped garlic and chili flakes in it.
- Stir and saute the garlic until light brown and pour tomato puree into it. Mix the components well with a spatula.
- Now, for the most flavorsome part, add a tablespoon of gochujang paste into the mixture and mix the ingredients together. Feel free to add more of the paste to increase the level of spiciness to the dish.
- Pour some of the strained pasta water into the mixture and stir the components for a semi-thick consistency.
- Add in some grated cheese to the tangy paste and stir well for the perfect creamy sauce.
- Put the cooked pasta into the skillet and the mix the pasta well with the sauce.
- Now, garnish the gochujang pasta with chili flakes and oregano for a beautiful serving on our pasta plate.
3. Festive Orange Salad
A colourful salad that is definitely appropriate for a celebration! Even better, you can serve it as a stunning Christmas wreath for an impressive delicious centrepiece! Pretty greens are dotted with tart oranges, sour and sweet pomegranate seeds, finished with a drizzle of light tangy dressing and a sprinkle of creamy cottage cheese. This salad is the ideal side dish because the flavours blend so beautifully together and comprise all the colours of Christmas.
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice
- Chopped shallots
- Mustard paste
- Chopped baby spinach
- Pomegranate seeds
- Orange slices
- Cottage cheese
- Start with a delicious homemade dressing from scratch. Take an airtight jar and pour olive oil, 1 tbsp salt,1 tbsp black pepper and a dash of lemon juice. Add chopped shallots followed by 1 tbsp mustard paste and some honey. Put the lid of the jar on and shake the mixture well.
- Take a large serving bowl and add freshly chopped baby spinach, pomegranate seeds and sweet orange slices.
- Pour the previously concocted dressing over the ingredients and the toss them all properly.
- Sprinkle the salad with grated cottage cheese and serve your guests a fresh and healthy festive side salad.
4. Classic Christmas Eggnog
Gift-giving, office parties, light adorned streets, Christmas trees and, of course, eggnog are all part of the holiday season. You heard me right—eggnog. There's nothing better than an icy glass of whipped cream topped eggnog during this season. What is Christmas without it, after all? The songs we sing at this time of year are as traditional as eggnog. The sweet dessert-like beverage perfectly pairs with the spicy Gochujang pasta and ends the festive feast on a sweet note.
- 3 egg yolks
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh cream
- Cinnamon powder
- Add 3 egg yolks in a bowl along with powdered sugar, cloves and cinnamon powder. Whisk and blend the ingredients to create a smooth mixture.
- Add 1.5 cups of whole milk and fresh cream into the mixture and keep whisking the ingredients to ensure that it’s smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate it for at least 2 days.
- The eggnog is ready for serving! Pour the festive beverage in a stylish glass mug and top it off with whipped cream and cinnamon powder.
The holidays are all about family, friends and…..food! So get ready to serve these delicious and simply mouthwatering treats during a Christmas dinner and share fond memories with your cherished ones. Do you have a particular Christmas food tradition? Let us know!