Mischiefs all around, radiant faces and plates filled with delicious festive treats - isn’t Holi all about this? Let’s get ready to welcome the most vibrant festival of all time with the best Holi recipes. Any Indian celebration is incomplete without delicious food and lots of laughter. These recipes will fuel your energy to have a blast with your loved ones.
Holi is a celebration of togetherness that is incomplete without your friends! After all, there is no fun in smearing our own faces with colors! So, when your buddies come calling with colors and water balloons, welcome them with the best Holi snacks. Amplify the magic of those playful moments with food that will add a delicious note to your celebration.
Get ready to embark on a culinary journey with us as we share some of the best Holi recipes that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more. So put on your apron, and let's dive into the world of Holi delicacies!
Let The Celebration Begin With These Holi-Special Dishes
It's that time of the year again when the streets are painted with colors, water guns are loaded, and everyone's in a festive mood. And what better way to celebrate this colorful festival than with some mouth-watering dishes? These recipes not only satiate your taste buds but also add to the festive fervor. It’s time to indulge in a riot of flavors, and let the food coma take over, because this Holi, it's not just the colors that will leave you feeling happy and high!
Instant Rasmalai Remix
Who doesn't love a delicious serving of rasmalai? But, sometimes we just don't have the time or patience to make it from scratch. That's where this instant rasmalai recipe comes in! It's the perfect solution for those last-minute cravings. The best part is that it tastes just as good as the traditional recipe, but with half the effort. Satisfy your taste buds with this instant rasmalai recipe.
– Bread slices
– Condensed milk
– Milk powder
– Chopped nuts
– Flavoured syrups (Roohafza, Khus, and Thandai)
1. In a bowl, mix 20gm condensed milk and 20gm milk powder together. If you are making it in large quantities, make sure that the condensed milk and milk powder will be in the same ratio. To this mixture add in your chopped dry fruits or nuts and give a quick mix.
2. Take three plates and pour 20ml milk in each, add one flavored syrup in each, and mix it. Here we have taken 1 tbsp of syrups for each, you can add more if you want it to be sweeter.
3. Take 2 slices of bread and cut them into round shapes using a cookie cutter. You use our different shapes of cookie cutters if you are making this dessert for kids. And kids would be excited to see fun shapes of rasmalai.
4. Apply the condensed milk mixture on one side of a bread cutout and enclose it with another bread cutout, just like a sandwich!
5. Dip this bread in the milk mixture and make sure that both sides of the bread have been nicely soaked in milk. However, do not leave the bread in for too long in the milk.
6. Serve the bread rasmalai on a plate or in a bowl and garnish it with rose petals and chopped pistachio. That’s all you have to do to enjoy this delicious instant rasmalai at home.
Cheesy Cocktail Samosa
These bite-sized treats are perfect for any occasion, whether it's a casual get-together or a more formal party. Not only are they easy to make, but they're also packed with flavor and texture. With each bite, you'll experience a burst of savory goodness that's sure to leave you wanting more. Why not give this fun and delicious cocktail samosa a try this Holi?
– Bread slices
– Sweet corn
– Mozzarella cheese
– Spices: salt, pepper, oregano, and chili flakes
1. In a bowl, add 50gm grated paneer, 10gm boiled sweet corn, 20gm mozzarella cheese (or as much as you like!), and 1 tsp of all the spices, you can adjust the spice level according to your tolerance, and mix everything well.
2. Take 4 bread slices and cut the edges using a knife, roll the slices thinly, and diagonally cut each of them in two halves. Using a brush, apply water on one side of the half slice and stick the edges, making a cone shape.
3. Add some filling inside the bread from the top open end, and use water to stick this edge as well. Securely pack the filling inside the bread. Repeat this process with each slice.
4. Safely fry them in hot oil. Plate the hot, crispy, and delicious samosas on a platter and serve them with chutneys or dips of your choice.
Nutty Nectar Kulfi
Summer calls for some delicious cool treats! Kulfi, the creamy and delicious Indian ice cream, is a dessert that's sure to make your taste buds dance with joy! Making kulfi is a fun and easy process that involves just a few simple steps. It's the perfect dessert to enjoy with friends and family this Holi or treat yourself to a sweet indulgence after a long day.
– Chopped nuts
– Cardamom powder
- Take 2 cups of milk and put it to a boil. You need to cook the milk until it reduces to half of its original quantity.
- Once it gets thick, add 2 tbsp of sugar, ½ tsp cardamom powder, and chopped nuts of your choice, and give this mixture a quick mix.
- Bring this mixture to room temperature and pour it into a mould of your choice. You can try out different shapes of moulds to get playful shapes.
- Freeze them overnight or until the kulfi hardens. You can demould the kulfis once it's done.
- Serve the kulfis on a colorful plate or dish of your choice and finish it off with some rose petals and nuts on top.
Are you ready to indulge in some creamy, dreamy chocolatey goodness? This recipe is the ultimate treat for those who crave something sweet and decadent every time. Whether you're in the mood for a midday snack or a dessert to share with friends and family, these bars are sure to be the superstar. You can even customize the chocolate bar with your favorite toppings or mix-ins.
– White chocolate
– Edible flowers
Take 100gm white chocolate in a bowl and melt it in the microwave or you can even melt it using the double boiler method.
Keep some edible flower petals in the chocolate mould and pour in the melted white chocolate and freeze it until the chocolate hardens.
Demould the chocolate and serve them on a plate of your choice. The prepared chocolate bar can even be served on a sectioned plate or cheese board. Your delicious sweet treat is ready in seconds!
To finish off, you can use gold dust to make the chocolate bars look even more beautiful.
That’s all! We hope you enjoyed reading our favorite Holi recipes as much as we enjoyed sharing them with you. From sweet to savory, we have covered it all. Get ready for a colorful celebration like no other! And what better way to fuel your Holi festivities than with some of these delicious treats? So go ahead, try out these recipes, share them with your loved ones, and let the joy of Holi spread through every bite.
With Nestasia you can make your Holi celebrations even more special. Get Holi party-ready with Nestasia’s vibrant crockery, cutleries, and kitchen essentials, choose from a wide range of extraordinary collections of home decor and make every celebration special.